What It Costs To Do Karate
As Takumi is a "non profit" making all
the funds generated by the club and its members are used for the
benefit of the club and the members. All the instructors are
volunteers and receive no remuneration whatsoever.
We try to keep all our costs as low as possible so that karate is
affordable for people to take up and need not cost the earth.
- Training Fees: £3 per adult and £2 per child
- Licence & Grading Book: This your training
insurance and costs £16 per person. It runs from
March to February of the following year and if you join during the year you
are charged on a "pro rata" basis up to the following
- Shinsa (Examination) Fee: Sometimes referred to
as Grading Fees, these are charged every time you choose to sit a grading
(minimum time between gradings is four months, but you do not have to sit a
grading every four months). From Yellow Belt to Purple belt the
fees are £8 and include a certificate an belt, should be
successful. For Brown Belt Shinsa the fee is £10 and
for Black belt Shinsa the fees are set by the SKC but usually do not cost
more than £40.
- Gi's (Suits) and Badges: All students must eventually
purchase a Gi or suit. We usually allow you a month of training
without a Gi to make sure that karate is what you want to do. Saves
you spending your money when you change your mind. Similarly you don t
have to by a Gi from the club, if you can get one elsewhere that is not a
problem. We can however obtain very favourable discounts from
suppliers and can supply you with a lightweight Gi and club badge for
around £16. Club badges themselves cost £3
each and the only thing we ask is that you by at least one.
None of the instructors are paid!
- Club Funds: once we have paid our overheads (hall hire,
insurances etc) the remaining funds are banked and used to help buy more
equipment, or subsidise courses or even travel costs.
- Club is "non profit" making
- No joining fees!
- FIRST CLASS IS FREE!
- Insurance charged "pro rata" if you join during the
- Funds used to pay for hall hire, subsidised course,
- No obligation to buy suits, mitts etc from the club.
- Low low prices on suits etc with some 2nd hand suits
are available for FREE!
- Takumi want to provide affordable karate lessons for
anyone who wants to learn!
To be added to our Mailing List of News and Events, please
subscribe at the CONTACT